Tuesday, April 29, 2008

We don't need no stinking squirrels!



Susan called me over last thursday to help fix a hole in her roof before a bird came and built a nest. As I climbed up the latter and started trying to fix it I soon realized that it was too big a job for me. So I called Aaron. He came over and started to rip things out and put in some new boards and then we heard them. "Squeek, Squeek, Squeek!" It was not a birds nest that we found. It was a suirrels nest. There where two babies in it. They had their fur but theirs eyes where still closed. Aaron handed me the babies and then said "Oh, there's the mama squirrel." She looked at him and ran away. So we brought the babies home and bottle feed them for about 2 days. We had to find someone to take them b/c it is illegal to own wildlife in NY for more than 48 hours. We found the number of an animal control and rescue officer online. We meet her and made the drop. She said that they were both female and going to a lady that already has a baby male and then they would go to a home that has been wanting squirrels for awhile. It was a great experiance having to feed them every 4 hours. Aaron is going to be a great dad. He could always get them to drink more milk than me.

1 comment:

Cate said...

Aw! Way to go Zsembery's! If those squirrels could talk, I'm sure they'd be calling you mom and pop. You two are going to be great parents. :) I can't wait to see you in June! Love your guts!