Thursday, September 3, 2009

Welcome Baby Zoe!



After a very long weekend in the hospital Zoe Marie Zsembery finally made her entrance into this world. She weighted in at a whopping 6 pounds and 11 ounces and a total of 19 and 1/2 inches from head to toe. Not quite the baby size I was expecting. I really thought that I would have a larger than normal baby since I was a very big baby. We were not prepared for such a small bundle of joy and will now have to go out and get some new born clothes instead of the 0 to 3 month clothes we have on hand now.


Since no one has the time to read the whole story of the 60 hours I spent in the hospital I will sum it up for you.

Friday 3 PM - Checked into the hospital.

Friday 6 PM- Medicine to help get my body ready to be induced. No food, clear liquids. Slept every little

Saturday AM - Started Pitcon

Saturday Afternoon - Contractions but mot much progress

Saturday PM - Only at 2 centimeters, stopped pitocin. Was able to have dinner, a cheeseburger never tasted so good. Got different medicine to help jump start things. Slept some.

Sudany AM - Started Pitocin again. Contractions but not much progress

Sunday Afternoon - Stripped my membranes. More contractions but only got to 3 centimeters.

Sunday PM - Broke my water. Fast and furious contractions at 2 to 3 minutes apart. At 4 centimeters now. Nubane to help with pain.

Sunday Late PM - Nubane wore off, still at a 4. Epidural since this will be a long night.

Monday Very Early AM - Got sick and started feeling contractions again. Epidural IV tube disconnected. Reconnected epidural but still feeling pain. Still at 4 centimeters. Decided to wait 2 more hours to see if things change.

Monday 3 AM - Epidural wore off, Got sick again, lots of pain, still at a 4. Stopped the pitocin and the contractions stopped almost immediately. Call OR and started to get ready for C-section.

Monday 3:15 AM - Got bumped by a women that came in 2 hours ago in labor. She pushes for awhile and has a baby. Can we say frustrated?

Monday 4 AM - Wheeled into OR. Not the way I had planned it but whatever gets her here safely.

Monday 4:31 AM - Zoe Marie Zsembery enters this world.


So after being in the hospital for 60 hours, receiving three liters of pitocin and having a c-section, I finally got my baby girl. I hope the next ones come much easier than her.



3 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for sharing...I love the cheeseburger comment and the comment about being bumped by a lady in labor for just 2 hours.

I love you...I'm super excited for you and Aaron.

Cate said...

We love and miss you guys! Congrats on your new bundle of joy! :) MUAH! Send a kiss to my newest cousin!

Lillian said...

Wow, sorry you had it so rough! Glad you both came through it ok. Can't wait to meet her!