Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Day at the Farm










Zoe was 5 days old and I thought it was about time to introduce her to the animals at the farm. She needs to get familiar with them so that when she is old enough to walk she can help me with the chores. The llamas where of course very interested in meeting her. The goats didn't know what to think. Kimchi, our nubian, was the only goat who had any interest in her. She of course did very well with them. A natural born animal lover. At least, all the animals seem to love her. My cat Mister has taken in upon himself to be her guardian. He watches over her at night time. He sits next to her bassinet and looks in at her while she sleeps. I've found him sleep in the bassinet and her feet a few times. I don't really like the thought of him sleeping in there with her since she only weighs 6lbs and he is about 11lbs. Nothing like being out weighted by the cat almost 2 to 1. So now I have put a blanket next to her bassinet for Mister. He seems to know that it was put there for him because he has taken to it right away.

I can't believe that I'm a mom and have such a beautiful little girl. I can't remember what it was like without her. (Except for the fact that I can't drive yet and can't lift more than 15lbs.) I'm looking forward to learning from her as much if not more than I can teach her. What an exciting adventure this will be.

3 comments:

Lillian said...

That's so great that Mister is taking good care of her. She's a cutie!

Karen said...

I love it!! She's going to love having you for a mom!!

Courtney Webster said...

Isn't being a mother awesome! It gets even better when they can respond and smile but I do miss just being able to cuddle and having her whole body be small enough to snuggle on my chest…Winnie turns one tomorrow and I still miss having her in my belly where she was so close all the time. Now she wiggles too much and is busy busy. A little part of me is envious. Enjoy! I better run - Win's diaper is sagging between her knees. The joy's of motherhood!