Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Zoe's First Trip to the ER

Zoe decided that it was to quiet and boring around the house on Monday morning so she thought that a trip the emergency room would be fun. I was sitting on the couch and Zoe was walking around the front room and as she walked by me she tripped on something, most likely her own feet, and fell face first into a wood dresser. I knew that she hit really hard and that she would start crying so I leaned over and picked her up. I look at her face and she already had blood coming out of her forehead. She was still taking in a big breath of air before the cry finally came out. I picked her up and jumped over the baby gate and grabbed the closest towel to put pressure on her head. Then I went to the bathroom and got the infant Tylenol and gave her some. Then I went to the kitchen and grabbed the ice pack. I went back over the baby gate and sat down on the couch with her. I called my sister b/c I was suppose to watch her two boys while she took her third boy to the doctors and said "Um, Zoe just hit her head and I think I need to take her to the Urgent Care Clinic so I can't watch your boys." She said that they don't open till 11am. So I put Zoe down and got dressed and then noticed that Zoe had stopped crying and was playing with the buckle on her high chair with blood running down her face. I got a band-aid and put it on which made her start to cry again b/c I took her away from the buckles. My mom called and said to pick her up on the way which we did. She drove us to the ER in her van and Zoe watched Elmo and was just fine. We got there and they took us in after about 20 minutes. They cleaned up her cut and measured it. The nurse gave me some medicine to hold on it to numb the cut so that the doctor could put some "derma-aid", which is medical super glue, on it. Zoe did really well until Aaron and I had to hold her down so that doctor could squeeze her cut shut and put glue in it. Hopefully, it will heal up without any problems and it will not leave a very big scar since it is right in the middle of her forehead. It is almost in the same spot as the scar in my forehead. A little dried blood on her face and she still looks cute. A cut on her head and she is till blowing kisses. All cleaned up and ready for the doctor.
Mommy holding the numbing medicine on Zoe's cut before the doctor puts the glue on.
All done and ready to go home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw - so dang cute!