Wednesday, June 24, 2009

10 Weeks and Counting



Here is the latest picture that I have showing my little baby bump. It was from about a month ago. I'm starting to show much more now. We have had some very exciting events over the last few days. I had my first Braxton Hicks contraction on Sunday night. It was so interesting. Not painful but weird to feel how tight my uterus could get. Like a big hug for the baby. I hope that this a sign that my body will go into labor without being induced. Both my sisters Susan and Karen did not have much success with being induced and I would like to avoid it if I could.

On Monday we started our first baby class. It is so great to be around other first time parents and know that I'm not the only one having back pain and getting up all the time to use the bathroom. The best part of it is that Aaron and I can take the class together. We get 2 hours a week to be together and focus on this new adventure that awaits us.

On Tuesday evening we were practicing the exercises and massages we learned. After which we were looking at how big my belly has gotten and feeling for the baby. We found it in the usual spot and as Aaron had his hand on my belly the baby moved and Aaron was able to fell if for the first time. He was so excited. I can't wait to see his face when the baby gets here since I can't imagine he could have a bigger smile than what he had last night. I guess we shall soon see.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations Katie! We're so excited for you! If you need to be induced...get an epidural before they give you the pitosin. Trust me on this one!