Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Almost 7000 Miles in 3 Weeks




Last month mom and I drove across country to my niece Caitlin’s wedding. We had a nice drive and we were able to stop along the way. We stopped at my sister Tracy’s house in Missouri. It was the first time we had been to her house. We had a good time bird watching and resting from our trip. We then stopped in Colorado and visited with my mom’s sister and their cousins. After a few days there we finished out our trip and made it to Utah.

It was so great to be there for Caitlin and Morgan. What a wonderful experience it was. I'm so happy for them and wish them as much happiness as Aaron and I've had so far. The picture of Caitlin and Morgan and their "shot gun wedding" picture was just for fun. The baby is my sisters youngest, Jacob. It was just so cute I couldn't resist.

The original plan was to go visit my brother Kevin in California and then go home. But we ended up taking Nancy and Alli home to Florida. Alli did not do very well on the plane ride to Utah and Nancy was not looking forward to the flight back. So instead we loaded them into the van and drove home by way of Florida. We stopped in Missouri and spend a day at Tracy’s again. Nancy had wanted to go to Tracy’s so it worked out well. I made Tracy drive me to Oklahoma so that I could say I've been there. We then headed onto Florida. We spent a day there to recover and then headed home. It really worked out well because I’ve always wanted to drive through all the 48 continental states and I was missing a lot from the south. Now I’m only missing New Mexico, Kentucky and Louisiana.

2 comments:

Lillian said...

Wow, that's a lot of driving! I'm glad you had a good trip.

Karen said...

I wish I could have been on that trip with you guys. I bet it was fun fun fun!