Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Zoe's First Road Trip







This is a public health announcement for everyone who reads my blog. There are a lot of nasty little bugs out there and you should guard yourself against them. My mom was hit hard last week by the travel bug and they only cure was to go on a road trip. She had the crazy idea of going on a road trip and not only taking me and Zoe but having my sister Susan and her 3 boys come along too. We were trying to decide where to go and thought that our first should be to Boston to see our friend Trina. It was only 6 1/2 hours away but figured that it would take about 8 hours. Dad thought that we were crazy but as it turns out everyone did great. Zoe slept most of the time. She loves going fast and did best at about 70 mph. David and Benjamin took turns picking which DVD's to watch so they were happy and entertained. Jacob had the hardest time but even he did pretty well. We got a hotel near Plymouth, MA so we had the opportunity to visit Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower replica ship. The boys loved going on the Mayflower but I think they liked the pool at the hotel more. It was a quick trip but it was nice to see Trina and it was a beautiful time of year to drive with all the trees changing colors.

2 comments:

Lillian said...

Your mom is crazy! I'm glad the kids did well and you had fun.

Karen said...

I'm jealous! I wish I could have been there