Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Passing of a Pearl



I had a horrible day today. Nothing major happened but nothing seemed to go my way. I even managed to pinch my hand as I pushed my cup holder back in when I got to work. Have you ever had one of those days? I kept thinking to myself "I should have never gotten out of bed."
On rainy days I go to my parents house and feed the animals before going to work. Everyone was happy to see me and get some hay. My oldest pygmy goat Pearl has been sick for a few months now. She has bad days and I give her some medicine to help her not be in pain. She has been isolating herself for awhile now which is never a good sign for an animal that likes to be in a herd. This morning she was in the stall by herself and I gave her some hay and then I was off to work.
When I came home after work she had died. It is so sad to lose a pet. I'm grateful that she is not in any pain anymore and that I was here to bury her. I now realize why I was having such a hard day.
I will miss Pearl but I'm glad that she can run and not have any pain.

4 comments:

Fancy Nancy Chronicles said...

Ahhhhh. I'm sorry Katie. We love you and miss you ~ Nanc

Lillian said...

I'm very sad for you!

Cate said...

I'm sorry Katie. Love you, Cate

Karen said...

Very sad. I love you Katie. I loved Pearl too.