Sunday, September 14, 2008

Peaches, Peaches and more Peaches!






Aaron and I where about to get 4 five gallon buckets of peaches for free a few weeks ago. So what does one do with so many peaches you ask? Well, you put a moving in and sit in the kitchen and cut up peaches for about 3 hours. Then you put them in the frig and the next day you can them for hours on end. We ended up running two caners and had about 36 quarts when we finished. It was so crazy. I'm still not convinced about all the canning stuff. I did make a really yummy cherry peach pie out of one of the cans that didn't seal right. So I guess there are advantages. Thank you Sister D for pick the peaches for us and thank you mom Z for delivering them. I think our kids will enjoy them since I have a felling they will be around for a few years.

1 comment:

Karen said...

You are such a domestic goddess!