Saturday, December 10, 2011

The House that Katie and Aaron Fixed

 There was a lot of unfinished work in the house.  Here he must have started to do something and then never came back to finish it.

Aaron was able to find the missing molding out in the garage.  We was also able to find the molding that went around the window too.
There was only molding on one side of this doorway.  So we took it out and Aaron built new molding to replace it.

This is the new molding around the doorway between the study and the living room.

This was the master bedroom with a wall between it and an office. 

We took the wall out and made it into a large master bedroom.

Here is where they had an entertainment center that stuck out form the wall and looked like it was just right for someone to walk into and get hurt.  So we took it down and Aaron replaced the molding.

We then painted it with our accent color and will put a new entertainment center in the corner.

The "pepto bismol" as we called it was primed and painted in our base tan color and then accented in our second color.

We did the doors and window trim in this room.  It is the guest room.

We did not do the chimneys but hired that out.  They look pretty good and the fire furnace works great.

Here is the study and the new carpet.  It is so nice and warm.

We have been having a lot of fun as well as a lot of hard work.  But it is paying off and coming together. 

No comments: